Dementia and Brain Aging in LMICs
Dementia and Brain Aging in Low- and Middle-Income Countries (LMICs) Conference & GBHI Alumni Regional Meeting
Dementia and Brain Aging in Low- and Middle-Income Countries Conference
Global Atlantic Fellows from across the continent of Africa, invited peers from other locations, and GBHI team members will gather to participate in an international scientific conference with music elements during the, “Dementia and Brain Aging in Low- and Middle-Income Countries Conference,” December 6-9, 2022 with nearly 200 participants. GBHI community members on the conference planning committee include Global Atlantic Fellow Rufus Akinyemi and Victor Valcour, Site Director, GBHI, UCSF.
Conference supporters include the Alzheimer's Association, GBHI, Newcastle University, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, the World Federation of Neurology's Aphasia, Dementia and Cognitive Disorders Specialty Group, the International Brain Research Organization (IBRO), AgeCap Sweden and the African Dementia Consortium (AfDC).
Building Bridges for Brain Health Equity Regional Meeting
GBHI will host a regional gathering in Nairobi, “Building Bridges for Brain Health Equity,” for Global Atlantic Fellows and stakeholders throughout the conference days, co-curated with Global Atlantic Fellows Wambui Karanja, Muthoni Gichu and Chi Udeh-Momoh. The meetings and aim to facilitate an experience for Global Atlantic Fellows to:
- Explore care structures and the built environment that support brain health and aging.
- Deepen relationships with Atlantic Fellows and stakeholders and understand key networks to leverage efforts.
- Exchange new insights gained from the conference on dementia and brain aging in low- and middle-income countries.
- December 6: Community Conversations
- December 7: GBHI Networking Reception
- December 9: Community Celebration Dinner – Atlantic Fellows & Friends, co-hosted by the Atlantic Institute and GBHI
Please contact Camellia Latta, firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.