The Global Brain Health Institute (“GBHI”) based at the University of California, San Francisco (“UCSF”) and Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin (“Trinity”) knows that you care about how your information is used and shared. GBHI takes seriously the protection of your privacy. Please read below about how GBHI uses and protects information collected through our websites.
This policy outlines the types of information we gather when you visit our website, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard it.
- Personally identifiable information, such as email address, name, phone number, etc., may be gathered when you access or use the GBHI website. This information is only collected when it is volunteered by you – for example when you complete a form to sign up for a newsletter.
- We collect limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available automatically whenever you visit a website. This information includes the internet address of your computer or network, the date, time, and page you visited on our site, your browser and operating system, and the referring page (the last webpage you visited before clicking on a link to our site).
- We use this aggregated anonymous information from all of our visitors to measure server performance and improve the content of our site.
- We sometimes track the keywords that are entered into our search engine to measure interest in specific topics, but we do not track which terms a particular user enters.
Information you provide
- Information volunteered by you through your filling out of our optional online feedback form is used to help us enhance our website and may be shared with GBHI employees and contractors for that purpose.
- We do not give, share, sell, rent, or transfer any personal information to a third party.
- You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting us. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you make a request, we will try our best to respond to you as soon as possible.
- You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, if you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
- We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to help understand how visitors interact with our website so that the site can be improved.
- You can choose not to have your data collected by Google Analytics by downloading their opt-out browser add-on. For EU users, visit Your Online Choices to learn how to opt out of having your data used for online behavioral advertising by European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) member companies.
- This site may contain links to external websites that are not part of the GBHI website and over whom GBHI exercises no control.
- The privacy policies and procedures described here do not necessarily apply to those sites.
- We suggest contacting these sites directly for information on their data collection and distribution policies.
- We monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or to otherwise cause damage to the site. Anyone using this website expressly consents to such monitoring.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction of data.
As part of the operation of GBHI we also collect and manage the following types of information:
In order to perform the application process, details of applicants for the fellowship are collected and retained, (separate notices on the details of how this information is managed is included as part of the online application form)
During and after the fellowship
- To support the administration of the site specific HR and Finance aspects of the fellowship fellows are asked to share information with the host institutions (see www.tcd.ie and www.ucsf.edu). This information is managed by the institutions securely in accordance with local legislation.
- In addition information related directly to the fellows engagement with the programmatic activities of the learning experience (i.e. completion of activities, attendance etc.), are collected for academic or operational purposes. This includes information collected as part of the pilot project application process.
- Fellow and senior fellow information on activities and achievements collected by GBHI is retained indefinitely to support the life long nature of the fellowship relationship.
- In addition information related directly to the fellows engagement with the programmatic activities of the learning experience (i.e. completion of activities, attendance etc.) are collected for academic purposes.
- During the program Monitoring and Evaluation data is also collected to support quality assurance and improvement of the program.
- Fellow and senior fellow information on activities and achievements is collected by GBHI is retained indefinitely to support the life long nature of the fellowship relationship, and to provide metrics of fellow activity and program impact.