Let's Talk About Brain Health and Brain Injury
Let's Talk About Brain Health and Brain Injury:
Perspectives from Global Atlantic Fellows for Equity in Brain Health
To coincide with the World Congress on Brain Injury taking place in Dublin from March 29th to April 1st, the Global Brain Health Institute is pleased to present this Satellite Symposium as an opportunity to explore brain injury and brain health from the perspective of Global Atlantic Fellows for Equity in Brain Health.
Four leading experts in the world of brain injury from a variety of disciplines, will offer their expertise to examine brain injury as a brain health issue over the life course. The symposium will involve four presentations, followed by a panel discussion.
The session will be chaired by Gráinne McGettrick, Atlantic Fellow for Equity in Brain Health and Research and Policy Manager in Acquired Brain Injury Ireland.
Global Atlantic Fellow Presentations
- Eleonore Bayen — Prevention of traumatic brain injury: education and awareness and the role of brain health education
- Tatyana Mollayeva — Understanding brain injury as a process not an event: tackling definitions and insight into the life course approach
- Raquel Gutiérrez Zúñiga — Stroke as brain injury: responding to the multiple challenges
- Dearbhla Kelly — The rehabilitation pathway; maximizing the person’s potential
Moderated Panel Discussion
- Let’s talk about brain health and brain injury; where to next?