Career Opportunities at GBHI
The Global Brain Health Institute is a values-based organization with a strong team based at our two founding sites, at University of California, San Francisco and Trinity College Dublin. We welcome interest from dedicated and compassionate individuals who share our mission and passion to reduce the scale and impact of dementia around the world. Please see below for details on current positions available.
GBHI – Specialist Position
The overarching goal of the Global Brain Health Institute (GBHI) is to develop and mentor outstanding individuals to become leaders and have a long-lasting impact on dementia prevention in their communities across the world. We seek individuals who want to bridge the gap between neuroscience and public health with respect to dementia prevention. This program will prepare individuals to put research knowledge into practice. All trainees will share values of dignity, equity, and opportunity. Applicants from around the world who exhibit outstanding potential for this training will be considered.
- Specialists appointed at the Junior rank must possess a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least four years of relevant research experience.
- Specialists appointed at the Assistant or Associate ranks must possess at least a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five to ten years of experience in the relevant specialization.
- Specialist appointed at the Full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or ten or more years of experience in the relevant specialization.
- Fluency in English
- Applicants must meet all required qualifications at the time of appointment. Candidate’s CV must state qualifications (or if pending) upon submission.
- Completed their final graduate or post-graduate training (e.g., residency, fellowship, post-doctoral training, government internship).
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03321, with a CV and two reference contacts.
No positions are currently available.