GBHI Annual Conference 2023: Mexico City
The GBHI Annual Conference is a forum for GBHI community members worldwide to meet and consider new and different perspectives to advance brain health. In 2023, the conference will take place in Mexico City, Mexico. The theme is "Building Bridges for Brain Health Equity."
The week of activities will include the GBHI Annual Conference on May 15–16 and the co-hosted Alzheimer’s Association International Conference (AAIC) Satellite Symposium on May 17–19.
This collaborative week will feature panel discussions, poster presentations, breakout sessions, and cultural performances by Atlantic Fellows for Equity in Brain Health, GBHI faculty and staff, and special guests.
The conference is by invitation only. In addition to the 2021 & 2022 cohorts of Atlantic Fellows, invited GBHI faculty and staff will attend along with the public audience of the symposium. All other GBHI community members are welcome to attend at their own cost. Participating Atlantic Fellows are required to submit an abstract and prepare a poster presentation.
Through these gatherings, we aim to provide forums for discussions of the latest findings and challenges of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias (ADRD), to explore emerging dementia research in the region, and to facilitate global networks. The AAIC Satellite Symposium is also a key opportunity to present brain health and dementia-related work to a wide and diverse audience.
We share the following acronym to highlight our goals:
- M: Multicultural approach to brain health equity leadership and strategies
- E: Exploration of Mexico's diverse cultures, history, and communities for creative, healthy aging solutions
- X: eXchange ideas and connect with GBHI community, stakeholders, and local members
- I: Intersections of arts and sciences for advancing narrative change on dementia and aging
- C: Community engagement for building awareness and promoting brain health equity
- O: Opportunities for learning and networking on brain health equity in Mexico
View an agenda for participants in the GBHI Annual Conference 2023 and Co-Hosted Alzheimer’s Association International Conference (AAIC) Satellite Symposium.
The conference will be based at the Hyatt Regency, Campos Elíseos 204, Polanco, Polanco Chapultepec, Miguel Hidalgo, 11550 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico.
Abstracts by GBHI community members can be viewed here.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.